Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
A YOSC-y Welcome
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Right. I recall the suggestion of eliminating the Pillory Forum over at the other YOSC board--so, I thought just sticking in a general "hi, I'm new" or "hey, I'm back after being a wanker away for so long"... ... Keith, Eric... I'm looking at you two. :P or (as some of us will be doing) "hey, I'm here now" thread was in order.

So, welcome yourselves.

And so forth.

I'm Marg! I'm over here now... and... going to attempt my best to get this place kicked up off the ground as I've been asked to. I don't entirely know what to do other than to post like a 'tard and encourage the same from others... ... ... Whoo.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad June 2005
    Weeaboo.
  • Downside-upDownside-up June 2005
    I welcome myself with uncharacteristic enthusiasm.
  • Tandem+StryfeTandem Stryfe June 2005
    I think my biggest annoyance with pillory was even when people managed to get off their "high and mighty don't need to introduce myself" asses and actually post in it, it was usually just a: "Hi! My name is Fucktard. Okay bye."

And it leaves me sitting here going: "What the fuck was the point of that? I know absolutely no more about you than I could have inferred from your ass-retarded name!"

Feh. And then other times I'm just too lazy to get angry.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    ...A bit angry, Eric? I have a feeling a lot of people freeze when it comes to shit like that... because... OMG--I'm on the spot! What do I say?!

• raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad June 2005
    I've a feeling we'll be telling n00bs to lurk more pretty often.

Well, it depends, really. Do we want to be hostile and frothy or are we going to have a "good cop, bad cop" split on this board?
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Depends on the n00b. I make no promises. People I invite I'll be nice to. I just know that immediately. People who are nice and respectful will get the same treatment from me. Obnoxious n00bs will be destroyed swiftly.
  • GaerlanGaerlan June 2005

Marg:

Obnoxious n00bs will be destroyed swiftly.

O rly?
  • MargMarg June 2005
    ...Pending permission, of course. o.O;;
    It was really funny. At first there was no anger, I was just kind of starting to post. Then I remembered why it pissed me off so much. Is it that hard to say: "Hi, my name is Eric. So and so invited me to come check this place out so I thought I'd give a looksie." or: "I'm a random jacktard that found this place because I like to type in random acronyms into google and this place came up so I'm here now hihhihihihihihihihi. Kill me now please." Or something...yeah.
  • BlawBlaw June 2005
    Dear everyone,
    I'm Becky and I once frequented the old Mers/Stars arena as FushigiMoon. And that's about it!

I am currently flailing dramatically to get the attention of the United Nations so they'd let me intern with them and their coolio work in Viet Nam. Unfortunately, they hate undergraduates. I shall now snarl becomingly and sulk. Poo.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Yay! My Becky! I heart her!

WE'RE going to get MARRIED.
  • AikenAiken June 2005
    ...It's really.. BRIGHT here.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    I know. It's bleached all the color from my skin, as you can see from my avatar. It's also made me taller than everyone else, and badass.

But yes. It was quite a change from YOSC the first. Nice to see you here though.
  • AikenAiken June 2005
    I feel like a cockroach in the light. I should scurry under a fridge.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    If that fridge is the designated 194X forum... it was here... and then it left. We'll get you one soon.
    On the concept of coloring, would it be possible to have different color schemes for different forums? For instance basic talk would be green and purple while the "forums" section would be black and yellow? Excuse the random colors.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Are we TRYING to induce seizures here at YOSC?
    Yes.

The main reason for different color schemes would be to give Aiken a refrigerator to crawl under. One of the forums could be the dank pit of despair...like my soul.
  • AikenAiken June 2005
    Don't VB boards have themes usually anyway? In which case, couldn't one just be "YOSC classic", with its associated dark gloominess?
  • MargMarg June 2005
    I'd like that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)