Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
Walter Potter, taxidermist
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad June 2005
    http://www.acaseofcuriosities.com/potter.html

Walter Potter was an English taxidermist of the 1800s whose claim to fame was posing his mounted animals into strange situations, such as the "Kitten Wedding" where 18 dead cats were turned into a bride, a groom and a wedding party.

These pieces auction for as much as
  • The+Auth0rThe Auth0r June 2005
    I'm just picturing how many bones had to be broken to make these poses.

And cringing at the imagined noise. I don't know, hurt a person I can do no problem; hurt an animal, not so good at.
  • Downside-upDownside-up June 2005
    Monkey Riding Goat. No more needs to be said.
  • starfalconstarfalcon June 2005
    I find this horrendous. If I did this with people I would be deemed a deranged sicko. And the dead people would be far more interesting. This stuff is just grotesque.
  • ElsewiseElsewise June 2005
    It's a bit sad. I can imagine him in his wee room, skinning and stuffing and applying glass eyes with such a fervent look on his face. He must have really cared.
  • BlawBlaw June 2005
    I mean, even if an audience did chortle with glee at the sight I would imagine there would be an undertone of "My God, how was that done?!"..
    I don't think anyone can wholeheartedly love this stuff if they realize the excruciating process it takes. Hell, even if they can hazard a guess.

It just strikes me as a bleak profession with a bleak reward.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)