Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
Age-ing and Sage-ing
  • GaerlanGaerlan May 2005
    How about to "age" a thread you hit a button in a reply, and it will immediately boot the thread to the top of the forum? The thing about age-ing is that you don't need to post. It's a bump without the bump.

Sage-ing would be the opposite of aging, actually down-bumping threads a slot, as if setting back the clock.

I was thinking that maybe we could keep a count in the thread of how many times it has been aged and saged, in addition to how many times a person has aged or saged a thread as a statistic in their profile.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Now... explain it in normal English so us lingering retards can understand?
  • GaerlanGaerlan June 2005
    Basically by "age-ing" or "sage-ing" a thread you affect how it appears in the forum's index.

If you saged this thread in particular, let's say, it will move down one and will make it less noticeable. You only sage threads that you don't like.

Now, if you see an older thread that you do like, by "age-ing" it you bump it to the top as if you posted in it.

Does that make more sense?
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Yes. Thank you.
  • EugeneEugene June 2005
    Working on it. As you can see by the sage buttons. I didn't realize there were two modes. I'm having a small issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Meanwhile, is the current placement fine? Should I just put the text for Age next to the Sage? Eh?
    It seems fine for the moment, however we will likely replace it with an image later.
    If there is to be a change in placement, I would say that have "age this" and "sage this" next to one another on the same line as "Post Reply," however aligned to the right on the opposite side of "Post Reply."

Will we have our age and sage counters in user Postbits and somewhere in the thread itself?

And we must decide on the design of the age and sage buttons. What characters to associate with either, that is.

Perhaps Spooky as the sage button and Eek as the age button. Giving a thumbs down and a thumbs up respectively.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)