Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
Final Fantasy XIV
  • September 2011
    So, 1 year later...
    Anyone still playing it? Anyone still have a subscription to the game?

In fact, does anyone know if SE has even gotten around to fixing everything yet?
  • NinielNiniel September 2011
    Last time I checked in was when they sent that "we sacked everyone on the project" email. There was way too many bugs for me to bother with it. I don't have enough play time to play something that makes me rage when I boot it.
  • EugeneEugene September 2011
    I had completely forgotten this game existed.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad September 2011
    I still want to go back to it regardless of everything, but my specs are too low to even attempt.

I was actually wondering the same thing and went to the Lodestone today, and from what I remember they're working on chocobos and airships right now. I didn't look too deeply into it.
  • September 2011
    http://kotaku.com/5844193/final-fantasy-xiv-damaged-final-fantasy

This article by Kotaku seems to imply they're still in the process of trying to fix the game.

I don't know if I still have an active subscription or not. While I haven't been charged for one, SE also said they were going to keep it free until they were satisfied everything was fixed.
  • September 2011
    So apparently my subscription is still active. I almost chose to log in... but decided it wasn't worth reminding myself why I didn't play the game for more than a couple hours in the first place.
  • September 2011

I already stopped playing L.A. Noire. My gaming doesn't last long. I have gaming A.D.D. Then it's on to the next one.

That smiley face in the corner of the box you type these messages: Does it mess anyone else up like it does me?

• Downside-upDownside-up October 2011
    Isn't FFXIV free at the moment because SE themselves don't deem it worthy of a subscription fee yet?
  • October 2011
    Yes, it's still free, if you paid for the game. It's kind of sad it's taking them more than a year to fix the game and make it satisfactory.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad October 2011
    So I heard that it's going back to subscription come November.

And massive revamps for 2012. I saw some screens and I'm rather impressed with the upgrade.

But... yeah...

> 2011
    > subscription-based MMORPG
    > ISHYGDDT
  • NinielNiniel October 2011
    Didn't get that last acronym?

Revamp... nice way of saying "yeah, we redid the whole thing because just a patch wasn't gonna fix it"
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad October 2011
    "I sure hope you guys don't do this."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Tagged

Who's Online (0)