Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
derpa-derp, what if we RPed again?
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad August 2011
    Juuuuust wondering.

Do we even have like three or four people who could commit to doing an (lol) serious, structured, let's-write-some-profiles RP?
  • FerretFerret August 2011
    Would that be pen and paper stuff, like dungeons and dragons? 
    Nah, that'd be crazy talk, dear Ferret.

I'm talking about the kind of RPing we did back on Kuffa and what we're trying to pass off as legitimate RPing here right now with my "i suck. help?" RPs.
  • FerretFerret August 2011
    That thread would probably run smoother if it were more than just you and me in there.

Anyway it's good idea, and I'd be up for giving it a shot. 
  • EugeneEugene August 2011
    I can't commit to anything, but if it were to happen, I were to see it, and had fifteen spare minutes, I would totally hop in.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad October 2011
    Bumping--need my fix.
  • October 2011

-nods- Such as?

To be honest, I don't really want to think too hard on it. I think I do that enough being a DM in the real world.

I dunno. Some ideas thrown about would be nice. Or maybe we can start with a setting? Modern? Historical with a tweest? High fantasy? A deliberately terribad, high school setting?

Ugh. I think I just threw up a little.
  • Downside-upDownside-up October 2011
    RP about a group of friends that used to RP til the sun went down, but now only talk a fraction of the amount they used to and muse about getting back together to RP again.

Or is that too meta?

(But really that would be pretty boring.)
    Yes. Boring.

To help us along, how about suggestions about what we would want to play? I think setting and tone would be a nice place to start.

Though I am getting some Dungeons & Dragons vibes from Nether's post... The cartoon, I mean. Take some real world yahoos and plunk them into a fantasy setting and see them sort themselves out. But that is so overdone that it might as well be a gross, exaggerated parody.
  • ElsewiseElsewise October 2011
    i... i really miss it. :( i missed it so much i crawled back here. 
    No need to crawl, dear Deeda.
  • NinielNiniel October 2011
    I miss RPing with you guys (I really do) but my hectic schedule makes me the worst offender at posting with any kind of regular rythm, I fear.
  • October 2011

What are you trying to base said RP on Rage? A video game, a particular era in time.... I would need more to go on. I'll help work with you on setting it up if you wish. After all... that's what I did ten years ago on the site. I think I was rather good at it for a 14 year old. :)

Hm. Well, do we want a straight sword and sorcery RP, or do we want to go with the "take some real world yahoos" angle? I could go with either. In the latter case, I'd say we take a cue from Erfworld and make it meta. That is, the protagonists are sucked into their own world (a standard fantasy RP on a forum) and are forced to live through their own construed plot and where it goes.

The former would be to just slap a fantasy world together with a standard fantasy world plot and play it at face value.
  • October 2011
    I'm with you, either is acceptable for me. I have no clue what Erfworld is but I can google it of course. I actually think fantasy is much more fun to RP than "real world" RP's but of course they would be much easier to set up. I suppose it just depends on how in depth you would like to go with it.
    For a quick and dirty solution, I was thinking of running a forum version of the PnP campaign that I do for my Pathfinder group. It operates under the pretence of standard "you're in a party of adventurers, what do?" sort of thing. Kind of sandboxy in that there are there are many events that are happening all around the party that will affect the course of their adventures. Plus obligatory personal quests that are dependent on the characters' backgrounds.

If Ferret's on board, we'll have four PCs and I can handle the Deus Ex side of things.

Unless it's more preferable to do the standard "everyone is clambering over each other to write the plot" round robin style.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Tagged

Who's Online (0)