Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
New Forums Feedback and To-do list!
  • kevykevy August 2011

This is not the YOSC I remember. :( I was just recalling my old days with Kuffa and then YOSC on the other gaming forum I visied. Why does this place change every time I log in? WHY?!?

Anyway, just stopping by for my annual "what's up guys" post since I decided to search for it on Google...

so... Hi. 

• raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad August 2011

Hullo, kevy.

And if memory serves, I think you missed a check-in last year? Maybe even longer. I'd verify with a search, but I still don't exactly know how to use all of Vanilla's functions.

• EugeneEugene August 2011
    kevy said: Why does this place change every time I log in? WHY?!?

I haven't touched YOSC in years and I got sick of looking at a billion unused forums and hunting around for new posts. I guess it's only annoying if you show up, like, once every half-decade.

• GaerlanGaerlan August 2011

Changed the discussions per page to 25 and the posts per page to 20. I appreciate how it jumps you to the most recent page.

• GaerlanGaerlan August 2011
    Gaerlan said: Changed the discussions per page to 25 and the posts per page to 20. I appreciate how it jumps you to the most recent page.

EDIT: make that jumps you to the first unread post.

• August 2011

So I saw that Eugene used a spoilers feature in a discussion, but I can't figure out how to replicate it. Does anyone know how to use the spoilers thingy?

• EugeneEugene September 2011

Just use the spoiler tag, like this but without the spaces: [ spoiler ]My text [ / spoiler ]

Edit: It seems to be broken at the moment, however.

Spoiler:
    Test?
  • September 2011

Spoiler:
    TESTING
  • September 2011

And I can't see to edit my posts without getting a "body is required" error.

• EugeneEugene September 2011

You can edit by copying and pasting into the bottom-most of the edit boxes and clicking Save Comment beneath the first box. Yeah, I'll look into that sometime this weekend.

• September 2011

Also; a second show box appeared for spoiler tags when I tried to edit my post. That one worked. Huh.

• September 2011
  • September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Downside-upDownside-up September 2011

If you press enter twice (under the assumption that you're effectively placing one blank line to break apart paragraphs), you effectively get three. Each paragraph automatically gets the p HTML tag, and then the empty line gets it's own p tag as well, so you have one line after the initial paragraph, the blank line, and then another blank line after that because the blank like is being treated a a paragraph.

Needless to say (even though I'm saying it anyway) this is annoying when combined with being unable to actually edit posts.

• December 2011
    First time checking out the new YOSC from my phone, and it looks pretty good a mobile devices. So thumbs up on that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

What do you think of Vanilla?

Tagged

Who's Online (0)