Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad August 2011
    Anyone into painting minis here?

One of these days I know I am going to go off the deep end and pull a disposable-income destroying Jaimar binge.
  • EugeneEugene August 2011

Emulating Jaimar is a game few can win.

Pathfinder is releasing some blindpacked minis in October.

I don't know if I want to play their game like that, but if I really get into the live games where I -really - need a frost giant instead of a troll, I just might.

raging drunk lad said: Pathfinder is releasing some blindpacked minis in October.

That's funny, are they trying to emulate WotC? Wasn't the blindpacking one of the most annoying aspects of that whole figurine deal? I didn't think Paizo is into that whole "annoy the money out of our customers" thing like WotC.

Yeah, really. That's what I was thinking when I saw the announcement. I was excited when I heard back in January that they were doing minis for the Pathfinder iconic character classes, but then I raised a brow when I they said they were doing the blinkpack deal last week.

I think with WotC customers are inherently sceptical, but with Paizo aside from the hardcore neckbeards a lot of their customers are blindly loyal.
    Fascinating. I mean, I've seen that Paizo customers are loyal, but I always thought that loyalty was based on them not doing crap like this. Funny how that works.
    It's probably PhotoShop-fu, but these minis by Asylum are pretty neat.
  • NinielNiniel August 2011

My Ex used to be into Mini painting big time. it's a nice hobby, but maintaining 3-4 different armies in different games + the supplies gets expensive and he sucked at budgeting. So I would end up carrying his dead weight in the real budget (notably for groceries and rent).

The whole experience kind turned me off from the field.
    I think I'd prefer to invest the effort into "special" monsters/PCs/NPCs that deserve the 3D treatment. The rest can be tokens or pawns, which I've grown to appreciate.

That Monster Vault that WotC put out looks like all sorts of delicious to me.
    I loved the ragnarock figurines.
    The ones by Rackham, Christine?
    Yes, that's the company name, thank you. If I was ever to pick up the who mini things it would have been their gobelins...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)