Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad August 2011
    Okay, so I was at a con yesterday with my sister and watched a bunch of silly hipsters whack the shit out of each other with boffers.

And I kind of got interested. Don't get me wrong, I realize the commitment of time, money and inherent silliness that comes with LARPing. But I can't help but be a little curious.

They just so happen to go to the pub that I most frequent every Thursday, and I think I might go and see what the deal is over a pint of Rickard's.

Anyway, anyone have anything to say about LARPing and LARPers?
  • FerretFerret August 2011
    There was a viking gathering over here the last weekend, that I went and had a look at. They fought with real metal weapons, blunted of course.

At first I thought it looked a bit silly, especially since they put a lot of effort into shouting and playing dead and so on, but it started growing on me.

I'm not sure if they count as LARPers, but my only other experience with a LARPer was when I got in a heated discussion about what qualifies as a nunchaku.

So if it's like the vikings go for it.
    If it's nunchaku guy just stay away.
  • NinielNiniel August 2011
    I went to a few all blown LARPs, but it just confirmed that I really hate camping.
    LARP fighters on the other end I like. The ones I know are the Guerriers de la Montagne, which gather and meet every week on Mont Royal. We briefly saw them when you were in Montréal, but then it started to rain and I hate being stuck on the mountain when it rains...

They have oodles of fun at it and I might go and join them one of these days (they train in winter for the summer fights) -if- I can schedule enough time for the training... 'cause I'm very bad like that and will mostly likely keep using that as a reason not to go..

http://www.guerriers.webs.com/
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad August 2011
    http://www.epoch-larp.ca/

If anyone wanted to see the page of weirdos that I was considering hanging around.
  • EugeneEugene August 2011
    Everything I know about LARPing comes from some really awesome 4chan/writefag story that I got linked to at some point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Tagged

Who's Online (0)