Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
goodness me, it's august
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad August 2011
    And I can barely remember what happened in July. I think I was sick for most of it.
  • FerretFerret August 2011
    July has been a good month for me.

I did some volunteer field research that had me sitting outside looking at birds every day, except weekends and rainy days. This has resulted in me developing something which might be called a tan. I'm particularly proud of this as I'm usually pale as all get out.
    I've also made some contacts at the local natural history museum as the field work had been planned by those guys, so hopefully I may be able to get a foot inside there when the time comes for me to go job hunting. That'd be pretty sweet.

August could also turn out ok, as I may get in on another volunteer project. The museum has done a whole lot of research on field mice, so they've got piles of dead frozen mice. I don't know why, but I've had tales told of the legendary volumes of mice they have.
    Well they'd like to make a DNA library on all these mice, and a skull collection too.
  • August 2011
    July was spent almost entirely in the armed forces office for me. They were having problems obtaining my background check. XD Once they obtain one more document I will be going down to MEPS to have them poke and prod at me to see if I work correctly.
  • NinielNiniel August 2011
    July has been..
    - Me moving back with my parents
    - Bank appointments galore to finish the mortgages details
    - Being sick and nervous because of said appointments.

But August should be good.... all the bank stuff is done, only 1 insurance appointment left then going to the notary and winning keys.

I want them gilded and steampunkish and glow in the dark god damn it.
    I think I'm going to move in with one of my cousins. I heard that their father has become a hoarder, and that's... something that would be interesting to live with.

Like the way that my mother described it was like one of those A&E hoarders that require interventions.

But we'll see. I still have two weeks left in this residence.
  • EugeneEugene August 2011

My father is definitely a hoarder. It's not quite at the A&E level yet but... give him time.

Hell, I've got a bit of the gene myself. I almost never throw anything away. Luckily, I almost never KEEP anything in the first place, either, so I only really hoard stuff that people give me.

• FerretFerret August 2011

Well, I've been in contact with the museum, and I'll probably be lobbing heads off of mice some time next week. 

Moved into a friend's place more closer to the Downtown core. Days are pretty much preparing and sending out resumes, not being too hopeful about interviews (total so far:0) and pulling my hair out preparing for the week's Pathfinder game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)