Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
  • July 2011
    As thrilled as I am to have found this place. Might I ask who came up with these subfourm titles? I feel like a bird walking around with a broken foot trying to find my way around. Sure I see it's relaxed but why do you have different fourm titles if it's all kind of the same content? *complains and walks away*
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad July 2011
    We used to talk about different things to the point of needing separate forums once upon a time.

In fact, the forums have actually shrunk a bunch of times as we discarded forums that weren't used anymore.

But once we realized the point that you made, Eugene made that test board at the top of the forum list. We'll probably switch to that software at some point, and it largely gets rid of the redundant forum/subforum architecture that we're still using.
  • July 2011
    I don't mind the titles having fun names just maybe put some direction underneath them that lets me know for certain what they are. I for some reason wasn't shocked you were the first to reply to this thread.
  • EugeneEugene July 2011
    The cryptically-named and amusing forum names and subtitles did have at least one benefit that will be lost when/if we migrate to Vanilla. I remember there were several times I wanted to create new forums to test them out (back when we actually had a large active membership) and I got part way through the process of creating the forum, only to give up when trying to think of a forum name/subtitle that would fit in with the rest of the forums.
  • July 2011
    This Vanilla must be a new fourm you are working on I suppose?
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad July 2011
    Atsa right'a.

It's the first link on the index or that "sneak preview" link in Eugene's sig.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)