Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
WANTED: A few bored users
  • GaerlanGaerlan June 2011
    We are testing out a new forum software (Vanilla) to be adopted sometime in the near or more-unspecified future. Due to what Eugene has assured as being much more easy to modify than vBulletin, this new forum as it comes out of the box is rather bare bones: you can start new threads and reply to them. That is about it.

While there are some staple features such as subscribing to threads, avatars and private messaging, Vanilla otherwise is missing some features that we probably take for granted here on vBulletin, such as attachments and in-line images.

Because it is pretty much a given that we will be switching to Vanilla eventually, I want the switch to be something we can all look forward to. And that is going to require some help from a few brave souls.

Mostly what I am looking for is a few people to spam up our default and unlaunched YOSC Vanilla forum and identify missing features. Between myself and Eugene we could probably point out the obvious ones, but I do not expect us to find all of them. With a steady stream of just a handful of active, nonsensical users creating and responding to threads ad nauseam, we should be able to do a clean launch with all the bells and whistles we would expect of a YOSC board--with the obvious exception of happy, pretty new unique images.

We may only dream of that.

Anyway, three volunteers would do nicely, two would do. Any takers?
  • NinielNiniel June 2011
    I'm at my parents for the summer... might have a few nights/evening to fill... link me?
    blackjack.eugenez.net

I also posted the link onto the top of the forum index.
  • NinielNiniel June 2011
    The captcha is not working...
    Right, I remember now. People cannot make accounts by registering for that reason. I either have to make an account for you to change the password when you log in, or you can just sign in using your Google account.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)