Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
portal 2
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad April 2011
    So, how about that Portal 2, eh?
  • Downside-upDownside-up April 2011
    Portato 2.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad April 2011
    Potato science is the best science.
  • April 2011
    Definitely is a great game. The only thing I can desire is more of it, really; it's still very short, although it's longer than Portal 1.

The Co-Op was an amazing addition, too. The hardest puzzles in the game were definitely in that portion.
  • EugeneEugene April 2011
    I get that people want more game for their buck but quite frankly I think the Portal games are the perfect size. I don't really have much time for games, which means I generally dislike games that have content for the sake of content. I like every level and environment to offer something new, which is exactly why I'm still so mixed about Dragon Age 2. But Portal is perfect, distilled down to only the bare neccessities. I'm not really sure what more anyone expected from it besides just "oh, I just wanted it to last longer." They really covered all the bases in this one.

Co-op was great. Note to YOSC: Peter's brain is a fucking powerhouse. I could not keep up with him. It was still fun, just because once every 10 puzzles or so I figured something out.

Listening to a bit of the commentary (yeah, it's me) on Portal 2 really makes me appreciate the ridiculous amount of thought, time, and effort that went into this game.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad May 2011
    Loved the Cave Johnson bits.

Loved a lot of bits, really.

Apart from the potato references, nothing really came out of the game to spawn memes, right?
  • EugeneEugene May 2011
    That is a feature, as far I'm concerned. Also, I believe it's by design.

But Valve writer Erik Wolpaw tells Gamasutra that, with Portal 2, he has no interest in fueling the internet fires that years later still burn with references to cake and companion cubes.

"If you thought you were sick of the memes, I was sick of it way ahead of you," said Wolpaw, who was the primary writer on Portal and one of two writing leads on its upcoming sequel.
  • May 2011

Eugene:

Note to YOSC: Peter's brain is a fucking powerhouse. I could not keep up with him. It was still fun, just because once every 10 puzzles or so I figured something out.

I don't know about that. I had the advantage where I had finished the single-player game, so I had more experience handling the mechanics of the puzzles than you did.
  • FerretFerret May 2011
    I hadn't researched Portal 2 in any way prior to buying it. I knew it was going to be good from the intro part alone.

I had to play the ending part twice, as I wouldn't allow myself to enjoy the ending movie completely. With so many turrets hanging around I was sure one of them were going to open fire.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)