Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
Valve / Portal 2 Madness
  • April 2011
    In preparation for Portal 2's release next week, it seems Valve is having fun hyping it up, in an odd way:

http://www.lazy8studios.com/cogs/helpme/index.html

Since I own Audiosurf, I checked out the "test" on it, and it's quite interesting. I'm tempted to buy the Potato Sack just because of this gimmick now. Better do so soon if I want to though; sale on it ends when Portal 2 is released.
  • EugeneEugene April 2011
    So, a lot of people are (in my opinion, justifiably) pissed off because the whole cool-sounding gimmick was extremely underwhelming for a lot of people. A lot of effort for just a few hours early release, and a lot of unexplained mechanics in their ARG.

Uh, there's no question there, I guess. Thoughts?
  • Downside-upDownside-up May 2011
    What disappointed me was that the initial countdown was only part of the ARG in the first place. Those have never really been too interesting to me, possibly because the methods used to play them are really esoteric and seem to cater to people who analyze encrypted information and conspiracy nuts.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Tagged

Who's Online (0)