Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
cookbooks
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad April 2011
    Right, so I was watching CNN and there was a story about this:

http://modernistcuisine.com/

For $625 USD you can be privy to the kind of food science only known to molecular gastronomists. In beautiful full colour and anecdotes.

Someday, maybe.

Anyway, anyone have anything to say about cookbooks? Like a favourite title, perhaps, or being a detractor altogether.
  • NinielNiniel April 2011
    I like cookbooks.

I have a few well thumbed ones... mostly of one pot dishes and soups and stews, from winter...

And my medieval/Nouvelle France cookbooks, just for the fun of it.. I did few recipes from them but I like the pictures.

I kinda want to get Super Natural Cooking Everyday, when it comes out, to get more vegetarian recipes in rotation.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad April 2011
    I like cookbooks, too. I especially like cookbooks with pictures. Nice, vivid, full colour pictures.

Someday I hope to buy up all of Alton Brown's books, even if they could use more illustrations.

But in terms of "oldies but goodies", I think I ought to have a copy of The Joy of Cooking along with Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

Someday. Someday.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)