Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
mobiles
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad March 2011
    So right now I'm using a Samsung Vice SCH-R561 I received as a Christmas present in 2009.

Looking at the stuff my brother-in-law's doing at work along with emerging technologies relevant to

And then there's my cousin who's in broadcast journalism who says she can't live without her Blackberry.

So, smartphones in every pocket is an eventuality, right? Android and BlackBerry OS and iOS.

Other than iPhones, does anyone own a smartphone?
  • March 2011
    I've had an Android for about a year now. Enjoy it quite a bit.
  • EugeneEugene March 2011
    I've never owned a smartphone, iPhone included. I just don't like them. I think a phone should be a phone first and a computer second. My LG phone is three or four years old and never has a single problem. Everyone I know with smartphones struggles with small, but annoying, issues quite commonly, and occassionally with large issues, like dropping calls or the touchscreen glitching up, etc. I need to be able to rely on my cell phone, so, so far, have not gotten a smartphone. Android's looking interesting but I haven't done enough research to be able to tell whether I can rely on 'em or not.

Honestly, smartphones are still very primitive and young. If you turn back the clock just one year, the landscape was completely different. And the iPhone itself, which pretty much turned the smartphone into a serious contender, is less than four years old. I think in a couple years we'll be seeing much more mature smartphones. That said, with a couple years left to go, I should probably join the crowd...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)