Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
RP forum
  • GaerlanGaerlan March 2011
    With consideration to most of us having no free time but to post to talk and spam threads, shall I change the RP forum's status to a 0-forum (off the forum index) for the time being?
  • NinielNiniel March 2011
    I would say to leave it, if only to remind us it's there.
    Very well.
  • EugeneEugene March 2011
    I think YOSC, in its current state, might be better served with a Vanilla-style board on the homepage. No more forums, just tags. It's a more modern type of taxonomy. Check it out:

http://vanillaforums.org/

I can convert all the user accounts and previous posts and such.

And the best part is that it wouldn't even take long.

Thoughts?
    I think it's worthy of consideration based upon what I have seen (in addition to knowing the current traffic and usership of the board), however I feel somewhat hesitant of doing a full conversion. May we do a disposable test drive to just get a feel for it?
    http://blackjack.eugenez.net/

Go ahead, play around. Admin login:

Username: Gaerlan
    Password: LZqqAH$

Just temporary, of course.
    This is kind of fun.
    Is it the kind of fun that screams, "let's switch YOSC over to it?!"
    I have identified some lacking features over on the Vanilla. I assume they are easy to implement?

Well, probably, right?
  • EugeneEugene April 2011
    Sorry I missed this. You know how it is. Checking now.
  • EugeneEugene April 2011
    Looks like this is the list of features you've identified as problematic/missing:

* 8000 char limit
    * bbcode
    * image embed
    * customization??
    * captcha

I'll make sure to get this stuff in when I do the install. I also noticed it wasn't sending out forgot-password stuff. And the captcha thing is broke.

EDIT: Never mind about the password thing. It just went in my spam folder. That almost never happens. I forgive you, Gmail.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)