Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
i suck. help? the third
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad February 2011
    Well, I think a week is the freshness date on these random RPs.

I suppose now it's my turn to start, so let's give it a crack, shall we?

[center]* * *[/center]

The company crested over the hill and paused to behold the mountain-sized keep that lay beyond a titanic gate of stone blocks down the paved road. The road served as the primary path through the Craggy Mountains; an otherwise inhospitable range that provided the remote dwarven city-state with natural protection against siege. The gate easily stood two hundred feet tall and was covered in reliefs carved into the stone and in precious metals that shone dully in the late morning sun.

"Dwarves never do anything small, do they?" said Julia after an impressed whistle. Must be some sort of racial Napolean Complex or something.
  • FerretFerret May 2011
    "A magnet to any decent orc army." Krun remarked and spat a black gob of phlegm on the ground. He furrowed his brow and gave the towering gate a good hard contemptous squint, "Frankly I'm surprised no one has been along to give those maggots a good hard ass kicking yet."

He cracked his neck and sat down on his haunches; the trek had lasted all night and by now all of the party were feeling weary, if not outright exhausted. "So how do we get in?"
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad June 2011
    "Guess we shouldn't be looking down on that fabled and too-often praised 'dwarven craftsmanship', then," said Julia in reply to Krun's previous remark. In response to his question she suggested, "Well, I guess we could knock first, as stupid as that sounds. Contract says that we gotta find out what's up with the Thane."

As if it could be that simple, Julia thought realistically.

Clan Millorn had ceased all trade so suddenly that its own satellite counting houses and merchants were caught offguard and barely prepared to fend for themselves, what with all of their hard capital stored within the Millenberg's hallowed vaults deep, deep underground.
  • FerretFerret August 2011
    "That makes sense," Krun remarked, taking the suggestion at face value, "But I say we camp out here for a while, get some rest, so we can run away faster if needed. I don't want to be caught with my pants down my legs if that dwarf rock-heap is brimming with zombies or dragons, or worse."

He flashed a toothy grin, "Tell you what, let's make up a good story and go back for our pay. No one's going to know."
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad August 2011
    "Pfft," Julia uttered. "Careful, Krun. Your business acumen is showing."

Julia scratched her head.

"Well, you ain't got any complaints from me for that suggestion. The one about kicking back and running away faster, anyway." She looked about the bleak, silent landscape. "Well, it's not like we're going to be doing any foraging here. We pretty much got a decently stocked convoy behind us, so it's not like striking camp is going to take more than laying down our bed rolls and starting a cook fire." She frowned. "I kinda wanted to get right up to that thing since we got the daylight."

Julia spun on her heel and looked back at the others.

"So? What's the deal? What're we doing? Fearless leader? El Presidente? Hm?"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Tagged

Who's Online (0)