Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
the amory wars
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad February 2011
    I mostly ignored Coheed and Cambria despite having No World for Tomorrow in my MP3 folder. But after I looked a bit further, I learned about the coherent narrative of their music along with novels and books that complemented it.

So I'm sort of considering going all the way to the start. I admit that I play them at random as background noise, but I'm willing to give them a shot.

...Is this a good idea, or should I perhaps reconsider?
  • EugeneEugene February 2011
    The music and the story don't have as strong a relationship as one might hope. The earlier CDs cover an enormous amount of story over a relatively small number of tracks, and many of them simply explore specific events or aspects of the characters, leaving the main story to be told by the comic books. The entire third album (Star IV: V1) focuses largely on the narrator, though there are tidbits dropped here and there. In my limited experience with the CoCa backstory, it sounds much cooler on paper than it turned out to be when actually exploring it.

Fun fact: I've met Claudio Sanchez, the lead singer, a few times since he was a friend of an employee at Game Time during our stint in the Palisades Mall, in West Nyack, where Sanchez lives. His hair is a lot less intimidating in-person.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad February 2011
    That is a rather fun fact.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)