Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
recipe impressions
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad October 2010
    http://sliceoflifesunday.wordpress.com/pie-recipes/chocolate-overload-brownie-pizza-pie/

I kinda wanna make this. Whaddya guys think? Too over the top?
  • NinielNiniel October 2010
    That looks good... Unhealthy, overly sweet, but gooood.... *goes to fetch mop to clean up drool*
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad October 2010
    Mmm, yes. I was thinking that the caramel and the peanut butter cups might be pushing it, but nah.
  • ShellyShelly December 2010
    I love sugar. I love desserts. But I must say, that looks way too sweet -- even for me. In the interest of scaling it back a bit, I'd use a semisweet ganache instead of the fudge frosting.
  • NinielNiniel December 2010
    Did you end up making this?
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad December 2010
    No, and I'm having second thoughts.

I think I might do a modification of it--more like reverse engineer it. Going over the recipe again, it relies a bit too heavily on Pillsbury for my liking. I think I'll go with a scratch build that maintains the over-the-top spirit of the thing without stepping over the line.

How, exactly, I'm not sure yet.
  • NinielNiniel December 2010
    Switch the brownie base for the base of sweet maries?
    Then cover with the melted chocolate and the chopped peanut butter cups? and drizzle in maple caramel sauce?

Ok, that sauce might be overkill if extremely easy to do.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad December 2010
    You're a madwoman, Christine Choquet.
  • NinielNiniel January 2011
    I aim to please. *bows*

Ok, ok, keep the base a brownie :-p

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)