Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
WOW GOLD, HOLY BALLS!!1!1!!!
  • The+Auth0rThe Auth0r July 2010
    I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out why the bot chose Gay Keith's Fantabulously Gay Spam Thread, another dumb paint thread, and Working toward a mission statement. I'm sure it's random. But maybe it's not. Maybe it's on a mission to come (fabulously) out through MS paint.

And WoW gold.
  • EugeneEugene July 2010
    Actually, it was spamming Aion gold, and it's now gone. Forever! It's times like this I miss Spartacus. It seems like bots nowadays don't have any personality; it's all about passing registration and posting some links. Where are the bots from the good old days, that would at least leave you with strange gibberish espousing antiquated political views?

I checked and he *did* answer 'no' to the 'are you a bot?' question.
  • GaerlanGaerlan July 2010
    Was it amusing or just, "Ugh. Bot"?
  • EugeneEugene July 2010
    The latter, though I think there's some pride to be had in being the target of a bot attack... especially since I'm reasonably certain that a human being actually did the registration, then set the bot loose once reg was completed.

That means some chinese business-men got the (misguided) impression that paying someone to register on our website and paying for a bit of bot-cpu-time was worth advertising to us! Sweet validation, and so forth.
  • EugeneEugene July 2010
    Okay, so that's the third bot in as many weeks. Time for a new registration question. I'm soliciting suggestions. Needs to be harder than "Are you a bot?" but still easy enough that most English-speaking people will get it.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad July 2010
    What kind of response parameters are we looking at here?
  • FerretFerret July 2010
    Why not add some anti-chinese propaganda to the registration form? Should work like a charm.

Also:

Falun Gong Falun Gong Falun Gong Falun Gong Falun Gong
  • EugeneEugene July 2010
    Parameters don't really matter. If it's simple enough for a legitimate user to solve but makes the chinese bot's life harder, it works. I was thinking something culturally applicable -- something a chinese person looking at the form just wouldn't *get*. But I can't think of anything that I'm sure everyone from North America and Europe would.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad July 2010
    I'm guessing "count the fluffy duckies" isn't going to cut it, eh?

EDIT:

> new user: Schaefergkqyb42

WAT
  • FerretFerret July 2010
    Bones are a big taboo in Chinese culture.
  • EugeneEugene August 2010
    That last one was awesome. I was actually gonna let him stay. He clearly skimmed the threads he replied to at the very least! He even had a Spiderman avatar.

Anyway, decided to enable registration moderation. So that problem should disappear.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad August 2010
    Damn, man.

They just keep flooding in.
  • starfalconstarfalcon October 2010
    A bot was touching my thread? Nope, no penis jokes there.
  • Downside-upDownside-up October 2010
    Wishing I had a good screen shot of Nazgrim saying "Thrall's balls! They're everywhere..."
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad December 2010
    On the plus side, we can steal all of their moneys.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)