Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
Site content sales pitch
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad June 2005
    Yeah, so we don't really have much of an idea of what kind of actual content we'll have besides the normal community features that we sported (or planned to sport).

So here's a few things I cooked up while I was boiling some eggs to go with my ramen.

Tales from the City - just random stories and pictures from Toronto. Probably better off being a blog thing, but I just might be able to put some spin off of it. Hell, we could try to make it a thing where anyone can post an article about some stupid adventure about where they're from.

Ghetto Gourmet - cooking with Ed. Yeah, that's about all there is to it. I cook stuff, snap pictures and tell you what went wrong.

Ed has too much free time - random articles/adventures. One that I got right now is comparing the three different sizes of chicken sandwiches from KFC. Just random randomness about stuff.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    I can contribute content pictures and stories when I'm in London. If you still want me to do that.
  • GaerlanGaerlan June 2005
    That would be smashing.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Given that I can't do anything about that until September... would you like anything else? Book review (yeah right) ... bookstore review? I could write something about a Harry Potter Midnight Release--since I'll be working at one...
  • GaerlanGaerlan June 2005
    Would you be able to snap us some pictures? Even if they are only "before" and "after" ones?
  • MargMarg June 2005
    I will try my absolute best. I'd already WANTED to do that--but my camera is currently completely BUSTED. My parents have made promises of a NEW ONE (since they are responsible for the death of the other) and they said something like.. 'early July' so, I think it's time I remind them.

The camera I'm trying to get would be the most ideal--it'll be small, and I can be pocketed when I'm busy with a customer. I could borrow my parents, but that would honestly be straight before/after. I would NOT take that thing out with customers in the store. It's as large as my face.

...Rar.
    Mebbe if you can't get pictures we can ask Alex to provide an illustration or two to go with the events you describe?
  • MargMarg June 2005
    I'll ask her if I can't get a camera. I've got friends coming to this thing, so I'll see if I can convince either of them to bring a camera and snap pictures while I'm busy being chained to the register to sell books leikwhoa at midnight. So I have a few backup plans.
    I know it's not like one'a the movies or nothing, but there had better be Potter cosplayers there.

Grr.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    There will be. We have a costume contest. Cutest thing I ever saw was a four-year-old at the Order of the Phoenix release dressed as Dobby. ...Sadly, they were too late for the costume contest, and I had to tell them that. ;_;
    As Dobby? Dressed in a pillow case?
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Yes. AND HE HAD A TEACOZY ON HIS HEAD. Cutest. Child. Evar. They managed to create the ears for him, he was covered in a brown face paint to make him look dirty. Heh.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)