Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
Professional/movie Sculpture tutorial
  • Fates+Chosen+OneFates Chosen One August 2005
    Totally fascinated me seeing it take shape:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18287&page=1&pp=60
    Heya folks, Petey here, aka Smellybug.

It has been brought to my attention that the 3d/sculpture section could use a tutorial. Well I'm happy to be at your service. I've been in the movie racket for a number of years and have made a lot of creature maquettes. Along the way I've learned a few tips, tricks and techniques and would be helpful to those just starting out, or even a few bits of info that even advanced artists might find helpful.

I plan to do a supersculpey sculpture in the typical way that I do these things, posting progress and descriptions along the way. You can follow along an make your own or whatever, it's up to you. I probably won't post ever single day, but every few days. Ask questions and I'll try to respond coherently.

Here's the design I will be doing. Keeping it rather simple in terms of number of parts, complexity etc.
  • The+Auth0rThe Auth0r August 2005
    I was somewhat impressed that he'd worked on Starship Troopers (one and two, that's some kinda fortitude), Dragonheart, and Jurassic Park.
  • Fates+Chosen+OneFates Chosen One August 2005
    Yah, he had some awesome stuff under his belt.

For me was just looking at a completely new side to sclupting and art. I think sculpting, I thought clay, i hadnt considered all the wire underframing, the wire mesh, the guides. And just seeing every little detail take shape. It was freaking amazing, I couldnt help but SPAM it everywhere, and everywhere i spammed it i just had people looking through it fascinated and enthralled. lol.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)