Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
Establishing ground rules
  • GaerlanGaerlan April 2007
    A new thread for each recipe.

Icons for each category listed in the thread created in the Domain forum will be created shortly for use here.

For the moment that is all, suggestions are welcome.

A template or expectations for submissions may be something to consider.
  • NinielNiniel April 2007
    Should I start dividing(reposting) the cookbook tread in recepies tread?
  • GaerlanGaerlan April 2007
    No, it's fine to just leave it. I will do that myself. I will just close that old thread and the drink thread to encourage individual thread posting.
  • The+Auth0rThe Auth0r May 2007
    For future use should an awesome recepie arise...

But seriously, I think good dishes should be recognized.
  • NinielNiniel February 2008
    There, done.

I meant to do this since this summer...

Edit : We are laking a Drink icon
  • NinielNiniel February 2011
    Just curious if anyone other then me is reading/using these.

Even if it's just me I'll keep posting them :-p. But I'm curious.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad February 2011
    Welp, I read them. I haven't actually made any yet due to my very spartan living situation, though...
  • NinielNiniel February 2011
    What do you have available to cook with, if any? I can try posting simple recipes for a while, if it's any help to you.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad February 2011
    I live next to a discount supermarket. I pretty much only buy the cheapest cuts of meat--like chicken thighs and stew beef. I don't have ready access to a stovetop, but I have one of those turbo cooker convection ovens that serves as a substitute for an real oven and a slow cooker.
  • EugeneEugene February 2011
    I read them, too... I have learned, however, that my ability to cook is so absolutely dismal that I can't even get recipes right. I do everything with scientific precision, which I'm told is actually not the best approach but nothing else makes sense to me.

I do enjoy reading the recipes though and imagining eating them in my head. Inevitably, they are delicious, if you must know.

I'm actually not a terrible cook, as long as the job is simple and there's no recipe. For example, steak. I cook a good steak. I can't think of any other example.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)