Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
Things to change
  • GaerlanGaerlan May 2005
    Just to keep track. Expect this to be updated constantly.

- moving the tagline above the "User CP," et al box.
    - capping the forum width for monitors operating above 1024 resolution.
    - disabling mandatory registration.
    - enabling sage-ing.
    - disabling smiley icons.
    - removing default post icons and then uploading our customs (when they are made).
    - a "currently playing" radio monitor.
  • GaerlanGaerlan June 2005
    I think I would like it if "Unregistered" were changed to read "Anonymous."

To put less emphasis on the importance of registering.
  • Tandem+StryfeTandem Stryfe June 2005
    Or maybe "Lurking Scum"? Or would that be too derogatory? Perhaps just "Lurker"?
    Actually, I believe that "Lurker" works pretty well.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    How come I'm not really given the option of uploading an avatar? It's upsetting me.
    I'll fix that in a little bit.

Right now you need to hit a minimum amount of posts before you're allowed.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    ...I hate to be all... bitter: But that's retarded.

Also: Another thing I thought of to change (because I'm a whiner) Is there anyway for us to PICK our own titles like in the other forums? Rather than me sitting here as "Junior Member" or whatever the hell it says?
    Or is that another minimum post thing?

Alsoalso--text stuff... is there anyway to set a default one to our liking... or is that something we'll have to change manually everytime we post?
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Another, while I'm thinking about it--does moving over here mean death to the gender specific forums? I know the ladies were sort of slowly abandoning chic alors. I dunno how much the guys posted to clean and jerk... but are those done now?
    The text formatting is something that you will have to change every time for now. I don't know if there is a hack that exists that will allow you to save your preferred settings. We'll try to look for it.

Custom user titles will be restored once I remember how to enable that option. Along with custom avatars, it's something that we will have to wait for either Josh or Eugene to fix, because I'm still not sure how to work this vBulletin 3 control panel like the old 2.X versions.

We'll only bring back the Gender Wars forums when there is a clear need.

In other words, if you want it, you and Alex will have to raise some hell along with nominating a moderator or two or three to head that forum. Like the last one, I wouldn't touch it with a 39 and 1/2 foot pole.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    I'd happily be queenbitch admin/mod for the girly forum and happily share that power with Alex if she ever wanted it.
    I'd do it now if there were at least two more girls around.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    *shug* Not a high priority. I was just curious, really.
    I think the next thing that I will do is remove the current smilies and port over some of the custom ones from the old YOSC.
  • EugeneEugene June 2005
    Tagline moved above user cp box.
  • EugeneEugene June 2005
    Forum width set to 1024.
  • EugeneEugene June 2005
    Custom titles enabled for Registered users and Moderators.
  • EugeneEugene June 2005
    Clickable smilies are now gone. Poof!
  • EugeneEugene June 2005
    Random image added above phrase on forum home. Must say, some of them take up a lot of room. I'm on a low resolution, though.
    Nether requests that we have the "marked forums" link in the footer like on RPV.

Also, the forum width still needs to be reduced by about 10 or 20 pixels.

We should also have the "Forum Contains New Posts," "Forum Contains No New Posts" and "Forum is Closed for Posting" icons removed from the forum index since we will be using custom icons and the defaults will become not applicable.
  • EugeneEugene June 2005
    - Forum width changed to 950px
    - Shouting filter is now OFF
    - No minimum character count for posts.

TODO:
    - S/age-ing
    - Remove forum status default icons
    - Add Mark Forums Read to footer bar
  • EugeneEugene June 2005
    Mark Forums Read button added to the footer.

I'm thinking it's best to leave the forum status icons undeleted until such a time as when we can come up with replacements, since their deletion would mean no one would know which forums contain new posts.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)