Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
Dur hur hur... A spam forum?
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad June 2005
    Yeeeah... Maybe we should consider making up one'a those stoopid spam forums where your posts don't tally up in your post count.

Then again, maybe we shouldn't.

I just thought maybe starting one now would save some headaches in the talk forum later. Then again, are we spamists? As in anti-spam. Otherwise I woulda called us smammers.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    I wouldn't worry about a spam forum until we're all like.. popular full of lots of poeple--people who'd wanna post just for the sake of making their post count go up.

....Wait... will we EVER be that famous?
    Alex will makes us famous.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Sweet. ... I think we can wait until that happens. ...I'd like to see this place rolling before we worry about where to dump the majority of our spam.

raging drunk lad:

Alex will makes us famous.

Yeah... that was an unintentional Smeagol-ism there.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    You make me snigger, Ed.
    Haha... Now I remember why I started this thread.

I was thinking that if we had a spam forum then maybe we can insert word filters like on 4chan. On the /b/ (random) board they have word filters in place that replace certain words with other words. For example:

Mordor = A HUGE GAPING VAGINA THE SIZE OF A HALLWAY
    loli = Thomas Jefferson
    wapanese = weeaboo

et cetera.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Bwa ha ha. That might be entertaining. Replace words randomly and don't tell anyone which words are replaced.

Someone did that for me in another forum. This guy kept calling me by a name I found disagreeable--so my friend Derek played favorites and set the word filter so ANY combination of that name defaulted back to "Marg" I laughed. I laughed so hard.
  • Tandem+StryfeTandem Stryfe June 2005
    Questria had a filter like that. It was rather amusing. I don't remember all of it but "gay" was filtered into "Quatre" on AnimeServ. Yes, the admins at Questria were so anal they had to filter gay.
  • starfalconstarfalcon June 2005
    Filtering gay would never work here, especially if I am to be Gay Keith. The horrors that would spawn will keep me awake for days.
  • Tandem+StryfeTandem Stryfe June 2005
    I have a feeling our filter would be one of those random filters that really only apply to our massive quantity of in-jokes. Gay may be filtered, but it'd be filtered to something like Keith. Making you Keith Keith instead of Gay Keith. Effectively making your Korean.
    *falls over laughing* YES!!!
  • MargMarg June 2005
    ...You want to be Korean?
    It's my life-long dream, along with universal domination and deicide.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    I think you're too tall and too white to be Korean, Keithy. Sorry.
    Meh, you're probably right. A boy can dream can't he?
    Would that make you a self-rice queen?
    Theoretically, yes.
  • MargMarg June 2005
    Request for the Spam forum if/when we decide to get one:

[list]
    [*]What are you Listening To
    [*]What are you Reading
    [*]What are you...whatevering
    [/list]That was one thing that slightly bothered me about the other forums... not so much that it's an OMG POST INFLATION--but just because it gets an enormous amount of posts in a single day... and there's nothing else involved really but... seriously just saying what you're currently listening to, or reading. The reading one is a little less spammy... because it's not like someone would list a billion books everyday. Something I noticed about the what are you listening to thread. There'd be nights I was on the board where it seemed like people posted everytime a new song came on, as long as someone else posted in between their other post.
  • GaerlanGaerlan June 2005
    It would make sense provided that the threads didn't have any conversation in them. Literally just those posts that answer the question of "What are you _____ing?".
  • MargMarg June 2005
    That's kind of what I was thinking. ...The reading thread would occasionally inspire questions and conversation... but the music one, as far as I could tell... never did much.
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)