Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
anime & manga
  • Downside-upDownside-up July 2011
    I've been getting a steady amount of laughs from it, so I think it's worthwhile.

I never watched Azazel-san. I actually had to look it up just now. I dunno, it's Production I.G. How could it be bad?

On another note, I've been watching a lot of older anime on Netflix because it's usually harder to find torrents for and also because I don't have to download it then

What's starting to annoy me is that Colleen Clinkenbeard voices every other female character. Variety would be nice. In the same way that I'm surprised to see any tsundere twintails girl that isn't voiced by Rei Kugimiya, I am surprised whenever any significant female character isn't dubbed by Colleen Clinkenbeard.

Also Excel Saga is unbearable to watch because of Excel's English VA.
    And then in Murder Princess, Colleen Clinkenbeard voices two different characters who have speaking roles in the same scenes.

Further made ridiculous because for the entire anime she's been body swapped with someone else and so her voice from her actual body transferred over to the new one. So technically she voiced three characters.

I feel like I'm getting trolled.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad July 2011
    And that's why I don't buy anime.

Although the Excel Saga DVDs were handy for their pop-up references.

Currently the only thing I'm watching is Nichijou.
  • July 2011
    Natsume Yujincho - I've watched the first two seasons, and it seems to have gotten a third now. Enjoying it just as much as I did previous episodes.

Blue Exorcist - High school for exorcists. And the main character is the son of Satan. Fun to watch.

While I'm watching Sacred Seven, I'm skeptical it will get good. Visuals are high quality.
    Natsume is a good one. I read the manga too but the anime remains entertaining even though the stories aren't new. Reminds me a lot of Mushishi and Kino's Travels.

I've watched a few episodes of Nichijou and it's pretty entertaining, though I wish Kyoani would do something more with the talents they harbor. It seems like they use high production values on things that don't necessarily require them. I'd rather them make another season of FMP than more 4komas.

Oh well. After Endless Eight I guess I'm not sure I even trust them to do anything more than 4koma.
  • FerretFerret August 2011
    So how about them ponies?
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad August 2011

Ferret:

So how about them ponies?

As in the magical, friendship-type ponies?
  • Downside-upDownside-up August 2011
    That's clearly for the cartoons & comics thread.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad August 2011
    Started watching Penguindrum.

The "Survival Strategy" bits are getting repetitive. And you'd think that the brothers would be getting accustomed to the handcuffs by now.

It was a welcome development when Ringo got into the plot properly.
    Hoping it keeps getting parody art. Also I'm not sure I would hold my breath about it going away. This was the guy who directed a lot of Sailor Moon episodes after all. It's this show's Magical Girl Transformation.

Blood-C Ep. 6

Wow. Clearly not enough censoring. I could see what was going on sometimes. I finally understand what the C in the name stands for.

• Downside-upDownside-up September 2011

Ubel Blatt is apparently making a comeback. I'd written it off but was pleasantly surprised to see a new chapter just got scanlated.

• raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad September 2011

Is watching Chaos;Head good to watch before Steins;Gate?

I've never seen either. I didn't even know Chaos;Head was related aside from the bizarre punctuation use.

• raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad September 2011

So, I marathoned both within a four-day period.

I wish I didn't waste my time with Chaos;Head, but I see where from a thematic and design persepctive how Steins;Gate is the successor of Chaos;Head.

I wish there were more SCIENCE! shows like Steins;Gate around.

I gotta say, though, that it bugs me how the childhood friend NEVER wins.

You start to pity them on instinct. "Childhood friend? Poor thing is screwed."

For the record, Blood-C episode 9 had some of the most gratuitous censoring I've seen. The censoring is more offending than just about anything they could have been trying to censor. Unless they were censoring even worse censoring.

Censorception?

In any case I would say it pretty effectively ruins the show.

Oh god I can't edit out the giant breaks.

• Downside-upDownside-up October 2011
    End of season judgement time.

Sacred Seven
    Well, it was a decent shounen venture but expecting anything Code Geass-esque basically set the show up for failure. Mediocre and suffered from last-two-episode-finale-plot-rush syndrome. Well, I still like the art style anyway.

Mawaru Penguindrum
    Sometimes I think I'm starting to catch on and then Brain's Base is all "lol no." They're throwing in enough twists that I might not be able to tell if I'm watching this or a citrus fruit by the end of next season. I still like the quirky humor. And hey, penguins! I guess there's always that, right?

Blood-C
    Jesus fucking Christ. On the one hand "gratuitous" isn't nearly a strong enough word to describe some of the violence, particularly in the last episode, but on the other hand it does a good job at making you feel like the Elder Bairne are reprehensible monsters, which I hope was the point.

That said I did enjoy the plot, though I felt it was dragging for half of the season. Waiting for the movie next summer is going to be painful, and that's not even taking into account how long it'll take to get subbed. Looks like it'll have fantastic animation, though.
  • October 2011
    Is Hunter x Hunter getting the Dragonball Z treatment?

What I mean by that is is it being re-released in a condensed form on television? I noticed Crunchyroll has it on their new release lineup for the fall, but it's starting from the beginning, not a new story arc.

EDIT: It's been too long since I originally saw the series to tell if they're crunching down the episodes or not. Doesn't matter; still a great series.
  • Downside-upDownside-up October 2011
    Couldn't say, I've never seen it. Maybe I'll watch it since it's getting redone.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)