Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
anime & manga
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad February 2010
    Been watching One Piece fillers when I'm stuck with watching the babby.

For some reason I've had this weird craving to watch Summer Wars again...

And one of these days I'm going to watch Ponyo.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad March 2010
    So I randomly remembered Pluto all of a sudden sometime last week, and I didn't stop until I read it all. Currently my favourite, though I think my heart will remember Yotsubato! again once the next chapter comes out, but man, I lurved this mango.

It made me watch the 1980 Astro Boy to watch the episodes that adapted the original story, along with the 2003 Astro Boy. God, did I nostalgia-gasm.
  • Downside-upDownside-up November 2010
    Star Driver, magical shounen mecha anime? What? Surprisingly not shounen ai.

Also, Katanagatari only has one episode left.

I think this thread needs to be renamed "Ed's animu & mango thread, with guest appearance by Andrew."

No one other than us has posted since the first page.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad December 2010
    >>I think this thread needs to be renamed "Ed's animu & mango thread, with guest appearance by Andrew."

I'll keep that in mind for 2011.

Been reading/watching a bunch of stuff, but I'm sort of half-hearted about most of it. It's been a pretty meh year for the animus.

I think PSG has been about as bad and good as everyone had anticipated. I'm still calling troll on there being a second season.
  • Downside-upDownside-up January 2011
    I want to watch all of PSG but for some reason I'm just not moving past the first episode.

Star Driver still has a bizarre fixation on kissing through glass.

The ending of Katanagatari left me scratching my head a bit.

Just realized I need to go find one of those Anime of images so I know what to look for now.
  • Downside-upDownside-up January 2011
    Dragon Crisis: Possibly the Spiritual successor to Shakugan no Shana?

Well no not really, but Rie Kugimiya voices both Shana and Rose, and the names of the protagonist in SnS is named Yuji and in DS is Ryuji, so it definitely feels like I've been thrown back six years when I hear "Yuji! Yuji!" over and over.

Anyway, it seems interesting so far.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: I think gg's assessment that the show is about little girls being attacked by Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei openings is frighteningly on the spot. Someone goes on bad acid trips to produce this show and I hope I never have to meet him.

It seemed like it would be one of those standard "justice prevails" magical girl shows until episode three where a creepy clown head eats a girl. The girl stays eaten.

Yumekui Merry: This seems good so far. The animation quality of the first episode was pretty good during the fight scene so I hope they keep that up.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad January 2011
    I'm kinda interested in Gosick.

I think I'll give Puella Magi Madoka Magica a try, but otherwise nothing's really popping out for me this season.
  • Downside-upDownside-up March 2011
    Just watched episode 8 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Shit just went into overdrive (though not unexpectedly).

(◕‿‿◕)
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad March 2011
    Does Madoka suffer from "Monster of the Week" pacing?
    No. Madoka suffers from Kyubey.
    So... I guess you're going to have to wait for the DVDs to finish Madoka now?

And I'm reading Reborn! now thanks to my sister.
    I thought they were still going to air the last two episodes... just very late.

Recently found Oresama Teacher again after losing track of it a long time ago. I think I have a soft-spot for delinquent mango.
    Yeah, you're right. I did a quick check over on ANN: delays with no official release set. It must suck to work at SHAFT.

The articles made particular note that the episodes haven't been listed on DVD release, but who knows what's going on there.
  • Downside-upDownside-up April 2011
    Hiden no Aria
    This season's mandatory animu with a flat tsundere loli voiced by Rie Kugimiya. Though to be fair, last season it was just deredere. Probably not going to watch it unless the anime makes it past where the mango is (doubt it).

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
    Fucking money swords. Seems a little interesting but perhaps also a little pretentious. Maybe because of the money, maybe because the name sounds like it's supposed to mean something but doesn't because of Engrish. Use of 3D CG elements in some cases where traditional animation would have looked better, though not as bad as that dragon from Fate/Stay Night. I'm fairly certain at least one of the characters is exclusively CG and it makes every scene with him slightly peculiar.

Ao no Exorcist
    High production values. Probably worth watching just for that.
  • April 2011
    Stein's Gate
    I'm keeping my eye on this one. Very odd so far, trying to figure out what to make of it. The main character is so crazy, though, it's fun to watch him.
  • Downside-upDownside-up May 2011
    AnoHana
    I didn't expect to like this but I do. About a group of six five friends who were inseparable when they were little until one of them died in an accident. Years later they're all kind of screwed up and don't really talk anymore, and the former leader of the group starts to see the ghost of the dead one. Wacky hijinks ensue.
  • Downside-upDownside-up May 2011
    Occult Academy
    From last season I think. I just watched it all in one go and it was pretty slow paced and then all the sudden in the last three episodes the plot kicked in and crazy shit started to happen. Considering it's a show based on things like cryptids and UFOs and whatnot, I'm not sure if saying "crazy shit happens" carries any sense of magnitude.

It was entertaining in any case.
  • Downside-upDownside-up July 2011
    The Author of mx0 is doing a new serialization (or at least one is getting scanlated).

Yey.
  • Downside-upDownside-up July 2011
    Mawaru Penguindrum
    I have no idea what this even is so far, but it's pretty funny.

I get the vague feeling it might turn weird in a Madoka-esque sort of way.

Sacred Seven
    Sunrise, and same art style as Code Geass. I can only hope it gets as ridiculous plot-wise, but so far it's just a monster of the week sort of affair.

Blood C
    The fight scenes are good but it's starting kind of slow.

Also klutzy air-head Saya is definitely a downgrade from Blood+ Saya in terms of personality.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad July 2011
    I've been getting mixed signals from 4chan regarding Penguindrum.

So I should take the plunge?

Did you ever get into Azazel-san? I heard that one was funny, too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Who's Online (0)