Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
The yosc Big and Ugly Community Blog
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad January 2007
    For some reason the cats always run away when I bring the ironing board out.
  • The+Auth0rThe Auth0r January 2007
    They don't want to get press-ganged into service.
  • SylpheelSylpheel January 2007
    I'm majorly bummed that I have to spend a good deal of the Californians' (and Floridian's) visit at either work or school. But I'm actually kinda excited about school starting (yay English major!) and I've somehow managed to fit my work schedule around it. The only thing I'm stressed about is finding day care for Shirley, because my sister wants to get a job and stop watching my kid for me after all these years. I am so grateful for how much she's helped me. But I sure wish that she could stick around for another six months until Ed gets here, hopefully. Oh well. I'm sure Shirley will love day care because she's such a social person. This ramble has been brought to you by me having nothing to do on my lunch hour. Mew.
    Tonight, chatting it up with various people, some of whom I haven't chatted with in months, it almost felt like old times.

Old times being like three or four years ago.

More like the best of old times, really. But still. I have to say I miss how friendlier times used to be. Or maybe just closer.
  • NinielNiniel January 2007
    I'm a coward. Or jsut uterly too lazy for my own good.

I should be at a LARP right now. Having fun. Interracting with human beings I don't live with.

But... it was at one of the narrator's place (their usual space wasn't available). Far. Like... 20 minutes worth of subway + a bus ride. Plus the time to get in the subway system in the first place. So i went and ate, then figured "Bah, it's 7h45, I'd be there at 8h20ish and i have to grab my metro sometime before midnight"

So I didn't go and I rationnalised the whole thing. And now I kinda feel like crap. Meh.
    Gave blood this morning.

The bag I gave looked widdle to me for me.

I didn't care much for the whole draining sensation, either.

I did get a couple of packets of biscuits in the end, though, so I guess it wasn't so bad. I <3 Peek Freans.
  • InaudibleRefrainInaudibleRefrain January 2007
    Somehow I've managed to reach level 56 (last night) with my shadow priest on WoW. I don't remember exactly when I started playing with the boyfriend and created my character, but it seems like it wasn't too long ago and I shouldn't be this close to 60. Weird.

In other news, I'm almost done knitting a belated xmas gift for my Lousiana friend, and it looks freakin' awesome despite being pink and brown.

Oh! Today was payday! Yay for more money!
  • EugeneEugene January 2007

InaudibleRefrain:

Somehow I've managed to reach level 56 (last night) with my shadow priest on WoW. I don't remember exactly when I started playing with the boyfriend and created my character, but it seems like it wasn't too long ago and I shouldn't be this close to 60. Weird.

Got to 60 with a shadow priest in two months, and anyone who knows me cna attest to how little I played that game. What a shitty game.

... Grats though.
    Today it's just going to be me and five hours of BBC mysteries.
  • SylpheelSylpheel January 2007
    I was going to clean the apartment last night but I didn't have enough energy. So today I'm running on four hours of sleep (a recent trend) and I'm going to make the kitchen and living room look presentable. After all, Shelly is coming tomorrow.

But still. Mrrgh. I don't wanna. ;_;
    I'm at Great Wolf Lodge right now.

It's a nice place, but going to a waterpark resort in the dead of a Canadian winter doesn't really appeal to me. It'd be awesome to go to as a group during the summer when the outdoor stuff is open.

I'm fine with bumming around in the room with books, the internet and TV, though.

Gonna book now. I have to return The Game of Life to the front desk since it's missing multiple critical pieces.
  • The+Auth0rThe Auth0r February 2007
    I won free art today. It was a nice little perk to start the morning.
  • ElsewiseElsewise February 2007
    Been super-busy lately. But I like the feeling of productivity. It's not much, but more than my old bones are used to mustering up. I haven't seen my boyfriend in so long. It makes me sad sometimes. But then it's okay.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad February 2007
    And in other news...

I <3 robots.
  • The+Auth0rThe Auth0r February 2007
    After running across a horde of StanXKyle girls on dA, I have come to the decision that South Park needs an episode on fanfic and/or slashfic.
  • Whatsinaname%3FWhatsinaname? February 2007
    Summing up the almost seven months since I was last on here...

I am now a homeowner. I bought a condo.

I bought a new car.

I still work as a 9-1-1 dispatcher. They let me train other people now.

I am in a relationship that is approaching the one-year mark.

Life is good.
  • Tandem+StryfeTandem Stryfe February 2007
    I washed the bathroom sink today. It wasn't obviously disgusting, until I look at it now. It is very white and shiny. Much unlike the rest of the bathroom. Or the house for that matter. We'll see if I dedicate any more of my day off to cleaning the apartment.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad March 2007
    After working a few nights in the pet aisle I find myself really wanting a puppy.
  • The+Auth0rThe Auth0r March 2007
    I find myself once again thinking I need some sort of graphic to post as an eye-catcher for my writing. I'm just doubtful as to my ability to produce it and I really have no want to pay for something.
  • DerrickDerrick March 2007
    I've been packing lately and tomorrow I move in with Eugene
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad March 2007
    So it's three of you guys sharing the house, or...?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Tagged

Who's Online (0)