Welcome to the new YOSC forums! Feel free to start a thread and (re?) introduce yourself or offer some advice about the forum itself. Sick of this message? Close it by clicking the "X" on the upper right.
Read any good books?
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad October 2007
    I went to my field placement library yesterday and picked up a handful of graphic novels. While I was bumming around downtown I finished a Transmetropolitan book and I finished off Enki Bilal's The Beast Trilogy: Chapters 1 & 2 last night when I got home.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad October 2007
    Finished Strugglers the other day.

Onto Fables: Wolves now.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad November 2007
    I'm a bit more than halfway through Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things.
  • MargMarg November 2007
    I've just finished re-reading Snow Crash for my Cyberculture class. I still like it. :D
  • MargMarg November 2007

raging drunk lad:

Done Haunted. Onto Eragon.

Blah.

What'd you think of Haunted, Ed? I never finished it, myself. It grossed me out too much again. I'll pick it up sometime when I'm in Minnesota, I'm sure.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad December 2007
    I was disturbed, Marg. Damn my vivid imagination and their enduring self-mutilations.

So yeah. I've been reading a lot of graphic novels recently. Specifically a bunch of Hellblazer and Fables. I read through them like a man who likes his taffy.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad December 2007
    I read a Tintin book (Prisoners of the Sun) and I'm a couple of chapters into a Sandman graphic novel, Brief Lives.
  • NinielNiniel January 2008
    Finished the 7 firsts volumes of Vampire Hunter D in... 5-6 ish days... Pretty good if you can stand the first 3 one. Though my favorite so far is Volume 5.

Received and promptly read Absolute Sandman 2. Nice job done on the new colors.

Read Undertow, decent book but I could not stand the main character.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad January 2008
    Reading American Splendor - Another Day right now. It's neat seeing all the different art styles expressing Harvey Pekar's words and life.
  • NinielNiniel February 2008
    Finished For a few demons more

And am slightly pissed at the author for the pathetic death of my favorite character in the book. I understand the literary why of killimg him. But he deserved a better death.
  • NinielNiniel June 2008
    Poison Sleep : Good characters, nice world. Now I need to pick-up the first in the serie (because of course it's a sequel and not qritten anywhere... There should be numbers on book when they come in a serie damnit.
  • ElsewiseElsewise July 2008
    I hate when they don't do that and you're left to search the books out and read them in the bookstore/library and expose yourself to possible spoilers trying to figure out which one is next.

Finished Coraline one morning, am going to a preview screening tomorrow. Am v. excited.

raging drunk lad:

Starting The Plucker by Brom tonight.

Hopefully will be done tomorrow.

Straightforward simple story that hit the spot, and I liked the art immensely. MMF. :D
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad July 2008
    And I'm excited for you being excited. :3

Currently reading My Tank is Fight!. I'm slowly hacking my way through all of my backlogged books... next on my list is Eragon (which I had given up on long ago) and One Hundred Years of Solitude.
    Looking for good books to start. :(
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad October 2008
    Going to read through all of Watchmen tonight. Been putting it off since I got a .rar file that had all twelve issues about a week ago.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad May 2009
    Jesus CHRIST I'm still reading Eragon.
  • raging+drunk+ladraging drunk lad February 2010
    My sister lent me Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I was hoping I'd finish it by today but I've only read the first page. Since it's one of those fast lane books I need to get to it smartly.
  • The+Auth0rThe Auth0r March 2010
    Wil Wheaton's Memories of the Future was excellent. Especially since I happened to have just started getting TNG from Netflix at the time. Made both that much better.
  • NinielNiniel April 2010
    Hum.. It's been a while... so from the top of my head

Child Thief : Dark, nightmarish retelling of Peter Pan. Has some weekness and not quite sure I like some of the elements worked into it, but overall it works, which is what is important.

Peter & Max: A Fables Novel : Would probably have done a better Graphic Novel, though not unpleasant per say.

Steampunk : A collection of Steampunk short stories. Some very good, some merely bleh.

Rewired: The Post-Cyberpunk Anthology : What the title says. Meh, most of the stories were good but most I'd read somewhere else. I prefer Mirrorshade as a Cyberpunk anthology.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

Tagged

Who's Online (0)